- Marriage with Mari: Top Traits of Happily Married Couples
Rob and I used The 10 Best Decisions a Couple Can Make during our pre-marital counseling. Authors Bill and Pam Farrel asked couples to list the best traits of their […]
- Marriage with Mari: Attending Church Together Can Strengthen a Relationship
A recent study suggests couples are happier when they attend church together. 78% of couples attending church together expressed they are very happy or extremely happy with their relationship. Here […]
- Marriage with Mari: Dealing With Differences in Marriage
Most husbands and wives would say there are differences between them. Some are glaring, irritating or divisive. What do we do with them?
- Marriage with Mari: Conflict Resolution Tip #8: Don’t Feed the Fire!
Resolution and reconciliation can’t occur if one or both parties are agitated, angry, crying, yelling, accusing, shut down or defensive. REFUSE TO FIGHT IN THE FLESH. It is an invitation […]
- Marriage with Mari: A Little Kindness Goes A Long Way in Marriage
Kindness in a marriage goes a long way, especially when there is a conflict or difficult issue to deal with. It is difficult when there is hurt, anger or bitterness. […]
- Marriage with Mari: EXTEND GRACE WHEN YOUR SPOUSE BEHAVES BADLY
BY GREG SMALLEY DECEMBER 31, 2020 During those moments when your spouse is acting rude, can you extend grace in spite of how they’re showing up? Can you protect your […]
- Marriage with Mari: Keep Short Accounts
In marriage it is important to keep short accounts. Learn to forgive quickly. Don’t keep a long list of wrongs. Nothing will erode your marriage more than building layers and […]
- Marriage with Mari: Healthy or Unhealthy Relationships
Relationships are an integral part of lives. Whether with a spouse, employer, child or a friend. They can have a great impact on our emotional, physical and spiritual health. Here […]
- Marriage with Mari: Are You Controlling?
A controlling person is someone who is demanding, has to be right, blames others for their problems or refuses to take responsibility for their actions, attitudes, and words. They make […]
- Marriage with Mari: Is Control Ruining Your Marriage?
When one or both spouses are controlling, it makes an unhealthy marriage. It is dishonoring, unhealthy and diminishes the marriage covenant. What is control? Someone who is “controlling” tries to […]
- Marriage with Mari: 10 Meaningful Christmas Traditions for Couples
Christmas is a special time of the year. What a great time to establish some new traditions for you and your spouse.
- Marriage with Mari: Love & Respect
Women need to feel loved, and men need to feel respected. This may explain why Paul wrote in Ephesians 5:33 that a husband must love his wife and a wife […]
- Marriage with Mari: Forgiveness is Essential For Marital Unity
The most important skill and maintaining unity as a couple is forgiveness. You will make mistakes, disappoint one another, and make some poor decisions. The only way to keep your […]
- Marriage with Mari: Fixing Your Relationships | Pastor Steven Furtick
Here is a great video on marriage. What have you been focusing on in your relationships? Here’s one tool that can help you see your relationship problems from a new […]
- Marriage With Mari: How Do I Deal With an Unbelieving Spouse?
For many Christians, the salvation of their unsaved spouse is a priority. Desiring to be equally yoked, going to church together and sharing a common faith is important. God can […]