As a parent, we all want to raise responsible children. We as parents, have to help our teens grow up to be responsible adults.
I am a huge fan of love and logic. As a foster parent trainer, grandma and mom I use these steps repeatedly for myself and others.
“ Self-esteem doesn’t just happen by making teens feel good or happy. It begins when children assert their independence and try to show their family and the world if they are their own persons. When they accomplish things through their own sweat and smarts, they grow in self-confidence, but superficial trappings such as llooks, clothes, and a positive attitude don’t ensure that a teen will have a healthy self-concept. Teens develop this healthy self-concept through handling responsibility. In turn they learn best when they feel good about themselves.”
Parenting Teens with Love & Logic. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 2006
- Power Parenting: 9 Steps to Raise Responsible TeensEvery parent wants to raise responsible teens. How is that done? Here are 9 Love and Logic tips to help […]
- Power Step Parenting: Allow Your Child to Have Affection For the Other HomeNever make children regret having affections for the other home. Forcing a loyalty battle will damage your child. It isn’t […]
- Power Parenting: The 5 Pillars of Love & LogicFounder Dr. Jim Fay share the 5 pillars of Love & Logic. Hands down, this is the only parenting method […]
- Responsible Teens Feel Good About ThemselvesAs a parent, we all want to raise responsible children. We as parents, have to help our teens grow up […]
- Power Step Parenting: Help Your Child Move Between Two HomesDivorced parents often forget or are not aware of how traumatic moving between two homes can be for a child. […]