Ephesians 4:29 tells us let no corrupt talk come out of our mouths, but only such as good for building up, as fits the occasion, that I may give grace to those who hear.
This is a great practical application of the Bible in terms of what we say in front of our what’s said in front of the stepchildren especially about their biological parents,
- Negative comments about your children’s other step parent or your spouse’s ex spouse.
- Adds to the stress already present in a step family
- Slows down or halt building the blended family
- Causes division between mom and dad
- Causes a child to have to choose between two parents. Children have the right to love the other parent. Despite the parents bad behavior, etc.
- Step parents who criticize the biological parent will most lose. Criticism will only make you look bad. The child has loyalties to the biological parent.