Resolution and reconciliation can’t occur if one or both parties are agitated, angry, crying, yelling, accusing, shut down or defensive. REFUSE TO FIGHT IN THE FLESH. It is an invitation from the enemy to be a weapon of destruction, rather than a minister of reconciliation.
Take a time out. When you at the height of a fight, you are in “crisis mode”. It is impossible to think clearly.
“I will be happy to talk to you when we both can be calm” Repetition of this statement can be a way to break the emotional escalation and bring the heat down
Pray. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you.
After you have calmed down, go back and work on resolving the issue.
- Top Traits of Happily Married Couples
- Marriage With Mari: How Do I Deal With an Unbelieving Spouse?
- Foster Thankfulness in Your Marriage
- Political Differences in Marriage
- Dealing With Differences in Marriage
- Marriage with Mari: Conflict Resolution Tip #8: Don’t Feed the Fire!
- Marriage- Keep Short Accounts
- Conflict Resolution in Marriage
- Healthy or Unhealthy Relationships
- Online Dating