Joyce Meyers shares a encouraging word from Psalm 23:
The 23rd psalm is so comforting. In the Psalms, David tells us the Lord leads, feeds, guides, and shields us. He causes us to lie down and rest, and he refreshes and restores our lives, Psalm 23:3
I like the way the Amplified Bible translates this verse, but I also like the way the beautiful Old King James version renders it: He restoreth my soul”. The Soul is the mind, the will and emotions.
With our souls we process our circumstances, we entertain our thoughts, we feel and express emotions, and we make decisions. What a wonderful promise that God will restore our souls! The word restore means to “bring back into positions or use” or “to bring back to a regional state of condition” the word is often used in a situation when a dethroned ruler was put back on his throne. Restore also means to make restitution to cause to return or to refresh.”
When David says God will restore our souls and our lives, I believe he means that God would return us to the state or condition we were in before we strayed from following the good plan God has predestined for us before our birth, or before Satan attacked us to draw us out of God’s plan for our lives.
We can take confidence that God will lead us in the path of righteousness, uprightness, and right standing with Him. I believe David is saying here that God individually leads each of us in the path that is right for us, a path that restores us in every way to the good places God has for us.
God has a path predestined for your restoration. If you will allow him to do so, he will guide you by the Holy Spirit along the unique way that leads to restoration and to being able to fulfill the great promises he has for your life.
Meyer, J.218, The Everyday Life Psalms and Proverb. Hachette Book Group.
- Thankfulness is Key To Success!It is the key that turns your situation around because it changes you, your outlook, and your attitude. A thankful […]
- Are You God Confident or Self Confident?For the Lord will be your confidence, firm and strong,And will keep your foot from being caught [in a trap]. Prov. 26:3 As born […]
- Is Your Heart Poisoned by Bitterness?Bitterness is unresolved, unforgiven anger and resentment. Bitterness is seething and constant. The bible refers to it as “poison”. Carrying […]
- Believe You Have Worth and ValueHand in hand with knowing God’s unconditional love and acceptance is believing you have worth or value. This means we […]
- Is Bitterness Hindering Kindness?Joyce Meyers, one of my favorite authors shares how she had overcome bitterness because it prevented kindness from coming out […]
- Healing From Shame_Part 2Today’s topic is Healing From Fear and Shame_ Part 2. Don’t let fear or shame rob you any longer! It is […]
- The Secret of ContentmentThe pursuit of “more” is a hard taskmaster. There is never enough. We push ourselves to get, gain and achieve. […]
- God’s Love Empowers Hollywood ProducerRadio Show- Transformation! Reaching Out Radio Where God Comes First Always/Transformation!, airing on KRPZ on 106.1 FM and 1210 AM., […]
- Where Does Shame Come From?Within every family we have lyrics or beliefs or “rules” that govern everything within the family. Relationships, communication, conflict resolution, […]
- Overcoming Shame (excerpt from Stop Dancing With The Enemy)What can we appropriate at the cross regarding shame? Our faith in Jesus made us righteous. For what does the […]