Biological parents hold 4 keys that aid in the success of the step parent. You must champion their role in the family. If you don’t, they may experience defeat, frustration and resentment towards you. This will create more stress in your family.
Transformation came when I learned to speak the Word of God over myself until I believed what He was saying. Every promise became a treasure. It was not just theological information like before, but it became heart knowledge. Then the power began to work in my heart and life. I began to experience God’s power through His Word.
I want to agree with God’s Word because it will not return to Him empty. It will accomplish what pleases God and it will be prosperous or successful. We can be assured the truth of God. never changes. It is reliable, trustworthy, and unwavering. Is. 55:11
Ephesians 4:29 tells us let no corrupt talk come out of our mouths, but only such as good for building up, as fits the occasion, that I may give grace to those who hear.
This is a great practical application of the Bible in terms of what we say in front of our what’s said in front of the stepchildren especially about their biological parents,
- Negative comments about your children’s other step parent or your spouse’s ex spouse.
- Adds to the stress already present in a step family
- Slows down or halt building the blended family
- Causes division between mom and dad
- Causes a child to have to choose between two parents. Children have the right to love the other parent. Despite the parents bad behavior, etc.
- Step parents who criticize the biological parent will most lose. Criticism will only make you look bad. The child has loyalties to the biological parent.
Women need to feel loved, and men need to feel respected. This may explain why Paul wrote in Ephesians 5:33 that a husband must love his wife and a wife must respect her husband. Both commands are unconditional. The hard part is that respect comes more easily to men, and love comes easier to women. Read More